The 10th annual SUMMER PARTY will be held on Friday 20th July 2018 at the Seashore Grill in Sully. This is a very popular event. Please book your tickets as early as possible to avoid disappointment!
We are very pleased to say that Dr Laura Moss, our Consultant Oncologist at Velindre Cancer Centre and our Honarary President completed the London Marathon, despite suffering a knee injury a week before the marathon! .
An amazing effort to raise funds for research into thyroid cancer. Over £5800 (£6684 with Gift Aid)has been raised upto the date of the marathon, and still counting!
A very big "THANK YOU" to Dr Moss.
TCSGW is made up of a team of dedicated volunteers. We continually raise funds to support people affected by thyroid cancer. Funds have been raised in the past from a variety of sponsored events, social events, creating and selling a recipe book, receiving donations and claiming the gift aid, money in lieu of sending Christmas cards, a race evening, a bucket collection, applying for grants, running marathons or local events such as Race for Life and selling bi-monthly quizzes.
The money has been used to:
- improve the patients' experience in the treatment rooms - by creating gardens outside the windows, by providing TVs and supporting the renovation of the rooms, by providing magazines for patients during their stay,
- provide a ‘buddy’ system for newly diagnosed patients and their families.
- provide educational materials – a DVD and leaflets for patients and their families and for the general public.
- support the children of Chernobyl, many of whom have had their lives affected by thyroid problems.
- link with and help develop thyroid cancer support groups throughout the world.
Our most recent project is to fund the iNATT project (National Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Tissue Bank and Data Base), initiated and developed by Dr L Moss. This is the setting up of the world’s first anaplastic thyroid cancer tissue bank at Velindre Cancer Centre, to encourage the research into finding a better treatment for this more aggressive type of cancer.
We are deeply indebted for all of the support we receive. But fundraising is on-going. If you would like to join us, contribute time or donate to TCSGW, you can do so in the following ways:
Contact us directly, see Contact page. Check out the events page to see what’s on. If you would like to join in, arrange an event for us or give time to raise funds
Search Virginmoneygiving.com/thyroidcancersupportgroupwales. Or visit www.givingabit.com Or Paypal